As a community initiative, volunteers are right at the heart of the project. There are plenty of ways to get involved; whether it is to protect and prevent harm to wildlife or clean up your local beach, anyone can volunteer with us. Joining one of our beach cleans, or signing up to be a ‘Poo Fighter’ is a great way to get outdoors, get fit and get to know people. The real emphasis is everyone enjoying themselves whilst doing something that will directly enhance the coast and the environment. All you have to do is decide what you want to do!
- Attending a community beach clean-up.
- Organising a beach clean-up in your local community.
- Creating a project or campaign in your local area.
- Becoming a Burnham Pooper Trooper
- Teambuilding days with work colleagues.
- Student placement opportunities.
- Assisting with our social media and website communications.
- Delivering lessons to local schools/colleges.