Litter Free Coast & Sea Somerset and bogg, a new dog waste carrying solution, are inviting entries to a dog photo competition. The competition is open to all dog owners and the chosen winner will have their dog picture featured on the new Litter Free Coast & Sea Somerset leaflet and receive a new bogg.
Entries to the competition should be photos of dogs enjoying the outdoors whether that is in a park, on the beach or getting muddy in the countryside. To enter ‘like’ the Litter Free Coast & Sea Somerset Facebook page with a description and the name of the dog and the person who is submitting the photo. Entries to the competition will close on January 13th 2017.
The winning photo will be chosen on Monday 16th January and the 20 runners up will be exhibited on the Litter Free Coast & Sea Somerset’s website and bogg’s Twitter and Facebook page.
The prize for the winning dog photo will be featured in a printed leaflet. The leaflet outlines how dog owners can take care of their environment by picking up after their dogs and the importance of bagging dog waste and binning it. The winner and first 4 runners-up will receive a bogg. Bogg is a new, all-in-one, dog bag dispenser and waste carrier. Stylish, lightweight and rain proof, it will carry full bags of poo securely and discretely until a suitable bin isreached.
Harriet Yates-Smith, Litter Free Coast & Sea Somerset Project Officer said:
“Somerset’s spectacular seven mile sandy beach is a great place to admire inspiring coastal views, paddle in the sea and exercise with our dogs. The LFCS Somerset and bogg photo competition is a fantastic way for dog owners to showcase their furry friends enjoying this beautiful environment that we are all so lucky to enjoy.
The leaflet featuring the winning dog will explain why weall need to play a part in making sure we bag and bin dog waste and the impact it has on the environment if we don’t. Most dog owners are responsible about bagging & binning their dog’s mess, but just one ignored poo can lead to others following suit and create a problem.”
Bogg statement – At bogg we believe most dog owners are conscientious and do want to clean up after their dogs. We understand when bins aren’t immediately available; the job of carrying full bags of poo can spoil a walk. With this in mind, owners sometimes face the dilemma to pick up at all or adopt the trend of leaving a full bag on a path for collection later. Bogg, we hope, offers the dog walker a simple poo carrying solution, enhancing a dog walk and also helping owners keep the outdoors clean for everyone. Our moto – Bag it, bogg it, bin it!
Terms & Conditions
- The deadline for all entries is 11.00 Friday 13 January 2017.
- Individuals are limited to entering one photo.
- By entering this competition you are accepting the rules on this page and agree to be bound by them
- The competition is open to anyone.
- There is no cash alternative to the prizes stated and the prizes are not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- The judges decision is final and binding on entrants. No correspondence will be entered into
- Photos must be submitted digitally on the Litter Free Somerset Facebook page
- All photos must come with a description and the name of the dog and the person who is submitting the photo.
- The submitter of the photo must be the copyright owner
- Litter Free Coast & Sea Somerset and our competition partners reserve the right to use any photographs for any purpose from entrants.
- The winning photos will be displayed on Twitter and Facebook pages of Litter Free Coast & Sea Somerset and bogg from 16th January 2017.